Diaz Bros. rubbing off on Rousey; says GSP “not the kind of fighter I like watching”

ronda-rousey-espn-body-issue-1 

As most of you know, current UFC Bantamweight women’s champ Ronda Rousey has been getting down and dirty with the Diaz brothers at Cesar Gracie’s camp in Cali. And while I’m sure she’s learning dirty boxing and slick BJJ sweeps, she’s also picking up some other more unsavory parts of the game (e.g. trash talk). In a recent interview with the Las Vegas Review Journal, Rousey went off on the current UFC Welterweight Champ and not surprisingly, her BFF’s next opponent.
“I respect Georges St. Pierre as a businessman and an athlete,” Rousey says. “I don’t have anything against him personally. But he’s not the kind of fighter I like watching.”
“He fights to win matches. He doesn’t fight to defeat his opponents.”
“I’m like, ‘Dude, if GSP was butt ugly, you wouldn’t want to know who he is so much.’
“I think he lucked out a lot that he’s Canadian. I love Canadians. They are the coolest, nicest, most patriotic people, and they will support their countrymen no matter what, and I think that’s commendable.
“But if GSP wasn’t really good-looking, and really Canadian, he would be really unknown.”
“I like fighters that go into it to finish it. They’re not afraid to take risks,” by saying, “I’m going to try to do something crazy, and if I end up in a bad position, I know I can handle it.”
“That confidence gets me excited.”
Geez, talk about calling the kettle black eh? Rousey calling out somebody for getting extra attention for being good looking is like Nick Diaz calling out Joe Rogan for smoking weed. You dig? That said, she makes some valid points. In a country that doesn’t have 4 major sports to compete with like here in the States, an athlete from Canada has a bigger opportunity to get more exposure than his/hers southern counterparts. But who can blame the guy? And as for GSP playing it safe…that’s old news. “It is what it is” as the office idiot says. Besides, he can’t take all the blame for that (see: UFC selecting GSP vs. Diaz over GSP vs. Hendricks). Styles make fights and the UFC let’s GSP get down with his style…just sayin’.